Is this you?
Many moms land here from search engine queries that boil down to one thing: their kids don’t listen to them. This mom is weary of fighting what feels like an uphill battle for respect and well-disciplined children, and she’s looking for answers. She has a niggling feeling that things don’t have to be this way, but then at the same time, she can fall prey to discouragement and may doubt that there’s any other way.
Perhaps you feel this way sometimes?
To help you, I’ve collected my top articles about disciplining your children all here in one place:
- Mama, Do Your Kids Recognize Your Authority?
- Beware of this: “A Child Left To Himself”
- Are You Ignoring Your God-given Mommy Radar?
- You CAN Give Calm, Firm Correction
- Mama, Are You Thinking Ahead? Be a forward-thinking mother!
- DON’T. GIVE. UP! Your Kids Need You To Be STUBBORN
- 4 Questions to Help You Evaluate Parenting Advice
THINK BIBLICALLY ABOUT PARENTING:
- 25 Things the Bible Says About Parenting — a simple, biblical list to remind you of the basics
- 10 BIBLICAL TRUTHS To Help You See Your Kids Rightly
- Don’t let your kids be trapped in self-worship: It’s GOOD When Kids Learn “It’s Not All About Me”
- What Are You Giving Your Kids a “Taste” For? Why Your Kids’ Appetites Matter
- The MOST IMPORTANT Thing: Gospel, Law, Wisdom and Parenting
TROUBLESHOOTING COMMON CHALLENGES:
- DEFIANCE: Are You Letting Your Kids Walk All Over You?
- GOALS: Evaluate what you’re shooting for: Is Your Parenting Focused on the Wrong Things?
- SEX: What do we do about”THE Talk?” —-> The Truth About SEX & How it Affects Our Parenting
- SLEEP: Is Your Child Getting Enough Sleep? Are You?
- ANNOYING HABITS: (video) Should We Train Our Children for Non-Moral Personal Traits?
- TEMPER TANTRUMS: How I Handle Tantrums
- CONVICTIONS: Don’t Do It Because “THEY” Do
- CHANGE/TRAVEL: 21 Ways to Help Your Family THRIVE In TRANSITION
- ON HARD DAYS: Sometimes we need to help reset attitudes : 20 Ways to “Push the Reset Button” With Your Kids
EVALUATE YOUR ATTITUDE AS A MOM:
- Are You a FOOL As a Mother?
- When I consistently do this, it makes a major difference in my frustration level: Is This One Reason You’re an Angry Mom?
- Holiday/Birthday Stress: 5 Ways to Ruin Your Own Mother’s Day
- Weary & worn-out? 6 Ways I Handle Being an Exhausted Mom
- Quit Stressin’, Worryin’, & Complainin’ About Your Children
- Check your motives: Don’t Do It to Prove Them Wrong
- How to Stop the Judgments, Stop the Comparisons, and Be at Peace with the Mom You Are
- Want to STOP YELLING? Here’s my most popular post on the topic—> Make No Provision For Your Yelling
I hope you’ve found some articles here to prod you along in your growth as a mom. I’ve love to hear your feedback.
The main thing I want to tell you is this: it really IS possible to love your kids AND discipline them well. It really IS possible to have a good relationship AND, at the same time, insist that they respect you. It’s not an impossible dream; working to bless your kids in this way is a worthy goal!
In the comments, please share: WHAT’S THE ONE THING THAT CONSISTENTLY KEEPS YOU THE MOM YOU WANT TO BE?