Hi there. I’m Jess Connell.
I seek to write things that are true, so that I (and any women reading) can live with ever-increasing God-confidence.
Here are some things you might want to know about me–
- Doug is my husband, and we’ve been married since October 2000. He’s a kind, faithful man and I praise God for him.
- We’ve got 9 kiddos (yes, nine. Our oldest was born in 2002 & our youngest was born in 2018). We spend our days together. Yup it’s hard and yup it’s good.
- Through writing here, and my podcast, Mom On Purpose, I encourage Christian women to dig into Scripture, take a long-term view in parenting, and invest in the quality and joy of their marriages.
Born-and-raised Texans, we’ve lived all over the world. Little Rock. DC. Dallas. Istanbul. Pacific Northwest. Now, we’ve planted roots down in the same soil where we started– North Texas.
We’ve been through a lot of challenges and suffering. We’re both sinners in need of God’s goodness. (Want to know more? Here’s the ugly truth about Jess Connell.)
God has– in every circumstance– proven Himself utterly trustworthy. I’ve learned that the best adventures are the ones He writes with our lives when we let go of our tightly-gripped control.
HOW DOES THIS RELATE TO YOU?
We’re all apt to lie to ourselves about
- who we really are,
- and the life we’re really living.
I want to help you RIGHTLY evaluate yourself, your home, and your family. My desire here is to:
- give you meaty, biblical things to chew on,
- offer practical ideas that work for us with our large family,
- and spur you on toward fruitfulness in your real life.