Did you miss something this month? Catch up and get the encouragement your heart needs.
BABY WATCH & MY WRITING/PODCASTING SCHEDULE
Baby News: My sweet new son, Fisher, was born at home this morning:
In December, look for blogposts once a week– each Monday.
And Season 1 of Mom On Purpose podcasts will be released once a week, every Wednesday, through December 14. I’ve already been recording season 2 interviews, and can’t wait to keep sharing those with you. If you haven’t yet checked it out, I think you’re missing out on something great… I’ve learned so much from these interviews, and many women tell me they’ve been very encouraged. So, please– take this chance to check it out:
PODCASTS (click on the episode title to see the show notes)
- Ep. 06: Parenting with Unity & Wisdom— (Interview, part 2, with Emily Jensen)– What’s a mom to do when dad approaches discipline differently? Can we get on the same page? And how do we reach out to find the parenting wisdom we desperately need?
- Ep. 07: Find Joy Amidst the Chaos— (Interview, part 2, with Emily Jensen)– Being Mom means embracing a previously-unexperienced level of chaos, and yet, important questions wait for us in the middle of the messes and noise: where is my identity, what are my responsibilities, and how can I find joy?
- Ep. 08: Fight Isolation; Choose Family Togetherness— (Interview, part 1, with Kami Crawford)– Many women feel lonely and ill-prepared for the challenges & isolation of motherhood. In almost every other century or place, new moms were surrounded by extended family and a community of women. What can help us navigate this tough season?
- Ep. 09: Stay Connected as a Family— (Interview, part 2, with Kami Crawford)– It’s easy to talk about staying connected as a family, but actually BEING together– working through conflict, talking about hard things, and staying connected as a couple– has its challenges. As Christian families, how can we make it happen, even though it’s hard?
- Ep. 10: Organize Your Home & Your Attitude— (Interview with Mystie Winckler)– When you’re the mom, organizing home is an ongoing task. We need to evaluate the attitudes we have toward the work God puts in front of us. How can we stop despising the daily, ongoing work of motherhood?
If you’ve listened to, and enjoyed the podcasts, please head over to iTunes and leave a review. Good, bad, or ugly– every review helps fellow listeners find the podcasts worth listening to!
LADIES CONFERENCE MESSAGE
- Trusting God With Your Children– by Jess Connell– This month, we had a ladies’ conference at our church with the theme of Trusting God. I spoke on how we can choose to trust God with our children.
- Here’s How I’m Fighting the Lies of Self-Pity— I don’t need a girl-power pep talk. I don’t need better self-esteem. I don’t need to feel adorable and quirky and cute and worthy. What my heart really needs is to consider– and believe– what GOD thinks of me.
- Q&A: I’m NERVOUS– What if the Kids Can ***HEAR US*** Making Love?— It’s a really practical, common concern for many women, and something almost all couples have to work through.
- Here’s What I Learned Watching My Friend Be Busy at Home— I stayed a week in our friends’ home, observing her normal household routines, and came away with 7 observations about her home routines.
- The Side God Takes in the Mommy Wars— So many women feel beaten down. Mommy wars easily end in pride, heartache, and frustration. With each other. With ourselves. But what does God think of the choices & convictions of motherhood?
- Favorite Family Games— In need of some new games in your holiday rotation, or for family game night? These are the ones we love to play, again and again.
- Naptime Matters.— Children need rest. I’ve heard moms say, “oh, she’s grown out of naps”, but then the child quickly reveals her need for it… when disobedience, whiny tantrums, and fussy attitudes surface. Why DO naps matter?
- Productive Free Time (aka, Older Kids’ Naptime)— As our children outgrow nap time, afternoons become a time of quiet reading, research, playing learning games, journaling, painting/artwork, building quietly with Legos, or going for a walk. We call it “productive free time.” Here’s how it works.
- 13 Natural Ways Our Family Stays Healthy in Winter— These are simple, easy, FREE ways you can boost your family’s health.
- I Want to Stop Yelling at My Kids— Here are 8 things I’ve learned, that might help you, if you’re trying to FIGHT the battle against sinful anger.
Hope this helps you catch up on podcasts or posts you missed this month.
8 thoughts on “November 2016 Round-Up: Podcasts & Posts”
Congrats on Barnabas. We have been blessed with Samuel at about 3:11 this morning!
Isn’t it absolutely bananas how generous and merciful our Lord is to keep blessing us??
Fisher! Forgive me! ?
Haha! How wild is that? Due one day apart… both 6 days late… born one day apart. Congratulations Amber! 🙂 Enjoy your new one… I will too! 🙂
What a beautiful little man! Congratulations on the arrival of Fisher! You are so blessed. 🙂
Congratulations!!!!!! Enjoy your new little blessing!
Fisher is precious ?. Praise God!
Congratulations! And thank you for sharing all the encouraging posts 🙂
Congratulations!!! Good job, Jess! He’s beautiful!