Listen in as Jess talks with Linda Dillow (wife, missionary, author, speaker) about:
- Why Christian wives SHOULD talk and think about sex
- What misconceptions and lies Christian women believe
- How forgiveness and acceptance in Christ can sink down deeper than our heads, into our hearts
This episode’s Quick Mom Verse:
“I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. …Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality,idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions,envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. …And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.” ~Galatians 5:16, 19-21, 24
Related article: Stress, Yelling, and Sin
Books, Articles, & Verses mentioned in this episode:
- Calm My Anxious Heart – Linda Dillow
- Intimate Issues – Linda Dillow & Lorraine Pintus
- 10-week Bible Study: Passion Pursuit – Linda Dillow & Dr. Juli Slattery
- Ephesians 5:22-33, especially verses 31-32– Biblical picture: marriage union = Christ & Church
- John 15- vine & branches
- Proverbs 5:15-19 – intoxicated/exhilarated/ravished
- 1 Corinthians 6 NLT
- Biblical Counseling sites Jess uses and recommends: ACBC blog, CCEF podcast
- Song of Solomon
- What’s It Like to Be Married to Me? (And Other Dangerous Questions) – Linda Dillow
- Linda Dillow & Dr. Juli Slattery’s website: Authentic Intimacy
- Linda Dillow’s books
- website: jessconnell.com
- Follow/Like on Facebook
- “Top 25” most popular articles
- book: ONE THING: Top Tip (From a Mom of 6)
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to the Mom On Purpose iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app (like Overcast or Stitcher).
- Leave an iTunes review. This is a big deal! The more reviews, the greater chance another mom will encounter the Mom on Purpose podcast.
- Let me (Jess) know your thoughts! I’d love to hear what questions you have, as well as topic and guest ideas. Shoot me an email!
- Tell others. The goal of this podcast is to encourage you to stay engaged with your kids, mother them with increasing wisdom, and help you think through parenting decisions through the lens of Scripture– I’d be honored if you shared this podcast and encouraged others to listen in.