Culture and modern ideas about parenting bring continual attacks against biblical parenting. Christian moms often face discouragement and fears that come from culture, a lack of role models, our upbringings, and more. Dig in with us to discover the dangers of giving in, and how to press through challenging moments to give consistent, loving, biblical discipline to our children.
Listen in as Jess continues talks with her friend Wendy, about:
- the fears moms face about disciplining our children
- common challenges that tempt us to give in and give up
- the attitudes and truth we need to push through fear and walk in faith
This episode’s Quick Mom Verse:
“Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test!” ~2 Corinthians 13:5
- (Listen to episode 20 to understand the foundation for this episode.)
- God’s Word: A Firm Foundation — Jess Connell
- James 1:5– “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.”
- Hebrews 12:11– “For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.”
- When Your Kids Need You to Be Stubborn— Jess Connell
FACE YOUR FEAR:
- 25 Things the Bible Says About Parenting — Jess Connell
- 4 Questions to Help You Evaluate Parenting Advice — Jess Connell
- When the Person Who Wears the Pants in the Family is a Size 2T — Jess Connell
- website: jessconnell.com
- Follow/Like on Facebook
- “Top 25” most popular articles
- book: ONE THING: Top Tip (From a Mom of 6)
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to the Mom On Purpose iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app (like Overcast or Stitcher).
- Leave an iTunes review. This is a big deal! The more reviews, the greater chance another mom will encounter the Mom on Purpose podcast.
- Let me (Jess) know your thoughts! I’d love to hear what questions you have, as well as topic and guest ideas. Shoot me an email!
- Tell others. The goal of this podcast is to encourage you to stay engaged with your kids, mother them with increasing wisdom, and help you think through parenting decisions through the lens of Scripture– I’d be honored if you shared this podcast and encouraged others to listen in.