The Bible doesn’t explicitly teach us what to do in a grocery store with our kids, right? So is kids’ public behavior just a matter of personal opinion and preference? Let’s discuss the underlying principles underneath the way we approach teaching our kids to behave in public.
Listen in as Jess talks with Bethany Weatherby about:
- What spiritual principles relate to our kids’ public behavior
- How to retrain your kids if they aren’t behaving appropriately
- What it looks like to communicate clear expectations
This episode’s Quick Mom Verse:
“Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us.” ~Psalm 62:8
Connect with Bethany Weatherby:
Related Articles & Verses Mentioned:
- Ephesians 6:1- “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.”
- Matthew 7:12- “…whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them…”
- Proverbs 22:1- “A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches, and favor is better than silver or gold.”
- Practical Parenting – Bethany Weathersby
- Shopping – Seven, & Sweetness – Bethany Weathersby
- Positive Words to Parents – Bethany Weathersby
- Mama, Are You Thinking Ahead? (forward-thinking motherhood) – by Jess Connell
- Quit Stressin’, Worryin’, and Complainin’ About Your Kids – Jess Connell
- Are You Letting Your Kids Walk All Over You? – Jess Connell
- How to Set Your Kids Up For Obedience – Jess Connell
- website: jessconnell.com
- Follow/Like on Facebook
- “Top 25” most popular articles
- book: ONE THING: Top Tip (From a Mom of 6)
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to the Mom On Purpose iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app (like Overcast or Stitcher).
- Leave an iTunes review. This is a big deal! The more reviews, the greater chance another mom will encounter the Mom on Purpose podcast.
- Let me (Jess) know your thoughts! I’d love to hear what questions you have, as well as topic and guest ideas. Shoot me an email!
- Tell others. The goal of this podcast is to encourage you to stay engaged with your kids, mother them with increasing wisdom, and help you think through parenting decisions through the lens of Scripture– I’d be honored if you shared this podcast and encouraged others to listen in.