Why should you listen to podcasts? Because it’s a wonderful way to be encouraged and learn, while you’re doing something else. You can work out, cook dinner, nurse the baby, fold laundry, take a bath, sweep your floor, or tidy your living room… but engage your mind and heart at the same time!
So, are you missing out on some fabulous audio teaching or encouragement? You might be!! Here are my favorite podcasts, by subject/type (and please share yours in the comments!) :
PODCASTS FOR THE THINKING CHRISTIAN WOMAN:
- Persuasion – with Erin Straza & Hannah Anderson (Christ & Pop Culture podcast) — “where fine ladies and rational minds gather” to discuss important issues of our day.
- Sheologians – with Summer White & Joy Temby – (Apologia Radio) — hot-button cutting-edge Christian cultural topics handled with a zing of snark and solid theology
- Signposts – with Dr. Russell Moore — thoughtful, biblical topic-centered analysis of current issues
- The Briefing – with Dr. Al Mohler — daily news/culture updates from a Christian worldview perspective
PODCASTS FOR HOMEMAKING/MOTHERING:
- Simplified Organization Audioblog – with Mystie Winckler — SUCH great encouragement here– get yourself organized, without the pressure for Pinterest-perfect closets
- Risen Motherhood – with Emily Jensen & Laura Wifler — A Gospel-focused approach to the issues of motherhood– this podcast is particularly relevant for moms of newborns to preschoolers
MY FAVORITE PODCAST FOR HOMESCHOOLING:
- A Delectable Education Charlotte Mason Podcast — SOOOOOOOO inspiring & informative! I love this approach to homeschooling, and I love their encouraging, purposeful way of communicating these timeless truths.
PODCASTS FOR PERSONAL LEARNING/GROWTH:
- Revisionist History – with Malcolm Gladwell — fascinating, off-the-beaten path stories to increase cultural insights and engagement
- Building a Story Brand – with Donald Miller — helpful perspective for evaluating websites, books, and publicly-offered products
- The Smart Passive Income podcast – with Pat Flynn — inspiring, entrepreneurial content to help propel listeners to grow their passive income
- The First 40 Miles – with Heather Legler — hiking and backpacking focused podcasts, with each episode targeted to a particular issue. (This helped us IMMENSELY when we were preparing for our 12-day Wonderland Trail family backpacking trip.)
And then, of course, I just wrapped up season 1 of my new podcast. It’s an interview-style show, where I talk with purposeful moms about a new topic each week. I’ve had so much fun talking with these women, and learning from them.
Many moms have written in (and left reviews) saying it’s been a blessing and encouragement to them– so, check it out!
- Mom On Purpose podcast– hosted by Jess Connell… designed to encourage and nourish Christian women, so you can go the distance in being the intentional mom you want to be.
IN THE COMMENTS, PLEASE SHARE:
- Do you listen to any of these?
- What podcasts do you LOVE?