Extracurricular commitments can benefit our families… or burn us out. How can we make wise decisions, and rightly prioritize the Kingdom of God, in our kids’ activities?
Listen as Jess discusses these things with Shelley Miller:
- Wisdom for evaluating your schedule & commitments
- Identifying distraction, discord, and disobedience
- Embracing the continual work of relationship-restoration
This episode’s Quick Mom Verse:
“Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil.” ~Ephesians 5:15-16
Related article: Mama, Are You Thinking Ahead?
- End of Summer, Back to School (and a Rant About Extracurricular Activities) – Jess Connell
- Here’s Why I *DON’T* “Get Out of the House More” – Jess Connell
- The Side GOD Takes in the “Mommy Wars” – Jess Connell
- Why Your Kids’ Appetites Matter – Jess Connell
- Here’s Why the Arguing & Complaining is Non-Stop In Your Home – Jess Connell
- website: jessconnell.com
- Follow/Like on Facebook
- “Top 25” most popular articles
- book: ONE THING: Top Tip (From a Mom of 6)
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to the Mom On Purpose iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app (like Overcast or Stitcher).
- Leave an iTunes review. This is a big deal! The more reviews, the greater chance another mom will encounter the Mom on Purpose podcast.
- Let me (Jess) know your thoughts! I’d love to hear what questions you have, as well as topic and guest ideas. Shoot me an email!
- Tell others. The goal of this podcast is to encourage you to stay engaged with your kids, mother them with increasing wisdom, and help you think through parenting decisions through the lens of Scripture– I’d be honored if you shared this podcast and encouraged others to listen in.