Being Mom means embracing a previously-unexperienced level of chaos, and yet, important questions wait for us in the middle of the messes and noise: where is my identity, what are my responsibilities, and how can I find joy?
Listen as Jess talks with Emily Jensen (mom of 4 kids, ages 3 and under), about
- the “discomfort factor” of motherhood
- addressing our fear & desire for control
- how we can flex & adapt to new routines
- practically evaluating the systems of our home
This episode’s Quick Mom Verse:
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. ~Matthew 11:28-30
Related article: Didn’t I *JUST* Clean This Up?
Connect with Emily Jensen:
Articles & Books:
- One Question for Frustrated Moms: Where Am I Finding My Joy? – Emily Jensen
- When I Get Burned Out – Jess Connell
- The Sluggish Woman – Emily Jensen
- Getting Stuff Done (With Kids Underfoot) – Jess Connell
- Adding Structure to the Chaos: Living Intentionally with Your Littles – Emily Jensen
- Mommy Life & Getting Past Survival – Jess Connell
- Motherhood as Artistry – Jess Connell
- Pt 1 of this conversation with Emily Jensen– Embracing Life as a Mom of Littles (podcast) – Mom On Purpose, ep. 05
- Pt 2 of this conversation with Emily Jensen– Parenting With Unity & Wisdom (podcast) – Mom On Purpose, ep. 06
- Dirt, Dishes, & Diapers: Coping With the Never-Ending Mess (podcast)- Risen Motherhood, ep. 07
- Joy in Motherhood (podcast)- Risen Motherhood, ep. 24
- Working Hard at Home: Emily’s Story (podcast)- Risen Motherhood, ep. 37
- website: jessconnell.com
- Follow/Like on Facebook
- “Top 25” most popular articles
- book: ONE THING: Top Tip (From a Mom of 6)
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to the Mom On Purpose iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app (like Overcast or Stitcher).
- Leave an iTunes review. This is a big deal! The more reviews, the greater chance another mom will encounter the Mom on Purpose podcast.
- Let me (Jess) know your thoughts! I’d love to hear what questions you have, as well as topic and guest ideas. Shoot me an email!
- Tell others. The goal of this podcast is to encourage you to stay engaged with your kids, mother them with increasing wisdom, and help you think through parenting decisions through the lens of Scripture– I’d be honored if you shared this podcast and encouraged others to listen in.