Sometimes it happens to us (postpartum depression), and sometimes we do it to ourselves (unrealistic/high expectations), but no matter what, postpartum is a challenging time! Let’s discuss: what practical things can we do to make it better?
Listen as Jess talks with Mandi Ehman (work at home mom of 6), about
- setting realistic postpartum expectations
- identifying areas and opportunities for self-care
- how to stay connected with God amidst stress
This episode’s Quick Mom Verse:
“And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.” ~Galatians 6:9
Related article: When Your Kids Need You to Be Stubborn
- 7 Ways I Beat Postpartum Stress– Jess Connell
- The Most Important Tool in My Homemaking Toolbox– Mandi Ehman
- How Embracing “Good Enough” Can Help You Be a Better Mom– Jess Connell
- Survival Mode: Scaling Back to the Basics– Mandi Ehman
Apps & Books:
- Free devotional app: My Utmost For His Highest
- Free Bible + devotional app: She Reads Truth
- Katie Orr’s “Focused 15” Bible studies
- Pressing Pause: 100 Quiet Moments for Moms to Meet with Jesus– by Karen Ehman & Ruth Schwenk
- website: jessconnell.com
- Follow/Like on Facebook
- “Top 25” most popular articles
- book: ONE THING: Top Tip (From a Mom of 6)
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to the Mom On Purpose iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app (like Overcast or Stitcher).
- Leave an iTunes review. This is a big deal! The more reviews, the greater chance another mom will encounter the Mom on Purpose podcast.
- Let me (Jess) know your thoughts! I’d love to hear what questions you have, as well as topic and guest ideas. Shoot me an email!
- Tell others. The goal of this podcast is to encourage you to stay engaged with your kids, mother them with increasing wisdom, and help you think through parenting decisions through the lens of Scripture– I’d be honored if you shared this podcast and encouraged others to listen in.