If you’ve been a mom for more than 30 minutes, you’ve been there. Motherhood can be overwhelming. Let’s talk about practical ways to get THROUGH the stress of mom life.
Listen in as Jess talks with Mandi Ehman (work at home mom of 6) about
- how to tackle daily life amidst feeling overwhelmed
- practical ways to simplify and get through stressful seasons
- feeding your soul and staying connected with your kids
This episode’s Quick Mom Verse:
“He will tend his flock like a shepherd; he will gather the lambs in his arms; he will carry them in his bosom, and gently lead those that are with young.” ~Isaiah 40:11
Connect with Mandi Ehman: LifeYourWay.net
“If I had to pick one tool that makes the biggest difference for our family, though, I wouldn’t choose something specific like our meal planning process, our evening clean up, or our chore assignments. No, what I’ve realized this past month is the most important tool is simply our willingness to embrace survival mode when it’s needed.” ~The Most Important Tool in My Homemaking Toolbox– Mandi Ehman
- The Most Important Tool in My Homemaking Toolbox– Mandi Ehman
- Survival Mode: Scaling Back to the Basics– Mandi Ehman
- How Embracing “Good Enough” Can Help You Be a Better Mom– Jess Connell
- 10 Essential Self-Care Habits for Moms– Jess Connell
Apps & Books:
- Free devotional app: My Utmost For His Highest
- Free Bible + devotional app: She Reads Truth
- Katie Orr’s “Focused 15” Bible studies
- Pressing Pause: 100 Quiet Moments for Moms to Meet with Jesus– by Karen Ehman & Ruth Schwenk
- website: jessconnell.com
- Follow/Like on Facebook
- “Top 25” most popular articles
- book: ONE THING: Top Tip (From a Mom of 6)
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to the Mom On Purpose iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app (like Overcast or Stitcher).
- Leave an iTunes review. This is a big deal! The more reviews, the greater chance another mom will encounter the Mom on Purpose podcast.
- Let me (Jess) know your thoughts! I’d love to hear what questions you have, as well as topic and guest ideas. Shoot me an email!
- Tell others. The goal of this podcast is to encourage you to stay engaged with your kids, mother them with increasing wisdom, and help you think through parenting decisions through the lens of Scripture– I’d be honored if you shared this podcast and encouraged others to listen in.