VIDEO: Things People Say to Pregnant Women
People say crazy things to pregnant ladies. But it doesn’t mean we have to take those comments in to the deep places of our heart.
We talked about one of those, last week: “Your Daughter Needs a Sister!” (an Acceptable Christian Lie). One commenter shared how the classic comment, “it doesn’t matter what it is as long as it’s healthy,” can be hurtful for the mother who knows her child will come out with some sort of disability or physical challenge.
Of course, most people *aren’t* thinking when they make these chit-chatty comments. But then moms are left thinking about the comments we’ve received.
What do we do with them? How should we think about them?
Here’s how I address & think about weird comments I get during pregnancy.
- 1:40- What should be our response to strangers who make comments?
- 2:30- What really matters, and what we SHOULD focus on, when someone makes a comment to us
- 3:10- How I dealt with one of the rudest comments we’ve ever gotten
- 4:00- What I think about the classic comment: “as long as the baby’s healthy”
- 5:20- What comes out of our mouths to pregnant women?
- 5:40- What does it mean to counsel our own hearts, with biblical truth?
- 6:20- The reminder I give myself at the end of every pregnancy
- 7:50- Biblical truth pregnant women can rely on, no matter who God sends to join our family
READ the article mentioned in the video: “Your Daughter Needs a Sister!” (an Acceptable Christian Lie)
To hear more of my thoughts about Fisher Barnabas & our thoughts about whether or not we’ll have more kids, check out this video: 2 DAYS POSTPARTUM: WILL WE HAVE MORE CHILDREN?
IN THE COMMENTS: How do you think about and process the comments you get at vulnerable times, like during pregnancy?
Subscribe to my newsletter, and I'll send monthly encouragement -- full of truth and grace for moms. SIGN UP, SO WE CAN KEEP IN TOUCH: