Postpartum Sanity: How I Prioritize Sleep (While Breastfeeding)
Here’s a detailed look at how, in the first two weeks of breastfeeding, I begin gently prioritizing sleep… so that our whole family (parents, older siblings, and baby included) achieves sanity, sleep, and contentment ASAP. This is the way we’ve done it with all 8 of our babies.
- 1:00- What method we follow
- 1:25- Difficulties I work to overcome
- 2:40- Important factors, & what about “crying it out?”
- 2:55- How I build & maintain milk supply while prioritizing sleep
- 3:10- Strategies for waking up a sleepy/sleeping baby
- 4:10- What does “wake time” mean? How long is it?
- 4:35- Why & how does the Eat-Wake-Sleep cycle work?
- 6:40- So, do we do “cry it out?”
- 7:00- what breastfeeding “success” while prioritizing sleep has looked like for us
APP MENTIONED: BabyNursing
BOOK MENTIONED: Babywise– click to purchase here.
Want to know more nitty-gritty details? Read the 7-part series where I chronicled Babywise with our 5th child.
So… I’m enjoying using the video format as a way of “writing” during these postpartum weeks. My hands aren’t free to type very often right now, but my mouth is free to speak…
but what do you think? Are you enjoying these stream-of-consciousness style videos, or are they too scattered (or… something else) for your taste? Let me hear from you in the comments.
In the comments, I’d also love to hear:
- How did/do your postpartum months go?
- How have you (or haven’t you?) made sleep & sanity a priority during the early months of postpartum life?
Subscribe to my newsletter, and I'll send monthly encouragement -- full of truth and grace for moms. SIGN UP, SO WE CAN KEEP IN TOUCH: